Two months ago, I wrote what was originally going to be a follow-up to last year’s post: Why Bears Don’t Wear Pantyhose. But the headline, and ultimately, the post, changed because I realized I first had to gather some current solid intelligence.
So I wrote the above-titled post in April and attached a poll under the same heading: Pantyhose – To Wear or Not To Wear. The poll invited (ladies only) to select whether they choose to wear or not wear pantyhose and why/why not.
The choices for answers I offered were pretty strong:
- I choose not to because I believe in and completely support the cause for the bare legs movement … period
- I choose not to because the excuse now exists thanks to the bare legs movement
- I choose not to on my own personal volition because I think pantyhose are uncomfortable, impractical and/or unnecessary
- I choose to because I believe in and wholeheartedly support the concepts of beauty, glamour, class and sexiness inherent in pantyhose
- I am not on one side or the other and would wear or not wear pantyhose based on the appropriateness of the situation/environment
I thought I was opening the door for those women with “bear” legs to pounce. I figured that, once armed with the reasons real women gave for not wearing, I would write Why Bears Don’t Wear Pantyhose II and completely debunk all their ridiculous excuses.
Unfortunately, two things have kinda killed that plan. First, no one has taken the poll (as of this writing on June 12, we’ve gotten only eight responses.) Second, of those who did take the poll, only one of the eight chose a negative answer – the first one.
Now, of course, I am delighted that 88 percent of the poll takers selected the most positive response – I choose to because I believe in and wholeheartedly support the concepts of beauty, glamour, class and sexiness inherent in pantyhose.
Makes me wonder whether, despite my plea that ladies only take the poll, it was actually men who so overwhelmingly voted positively.
I am leaving that poll open, but I’m not expecting much more activity out of it.
I have seen many blogs in which women totally haterize about pantyhose and swear they never will wear them. Yet, I give them a golden opportunity to anonymously trash the wearing of pantyhose (all they had to do was pick a button), and they don’t bite.
So tell me, readers (men and women), what do you think this means? Could there be a shift in fashion attitudes brewing out there? Maybe those who’ve been committed to “bear” legs are starting to come over to the good side.