Sooner or later, I had to write this post. I had tried several times before, but during my research to find scientific facts, I grew increasingly discouraged because there are so many conflicting reports, every subject is debatable, and most of the material focuses on the weird or disturbing aspects of behavior.
I wanted to learn where pantyhose rank on a list of the most prevalent fetishes, but I couldn’t find credible material that could be documented. I did find one thing I expected – that the foot fetish is still No. 1, apparently, the most common. Suffice it to say that pantyhose are high up there somewhere.
And, thankfully, pantyhose and foot fetishes seem to go hand-in-hand, or make that foot-in-hand, or foot-in-mouth, often appearing simultaneously (“dogs and cats living together …”).
According to a Wikipedia report about a pantyhose fetish, the allure has to do with the following:
- Pantyhose remove the appearance of blemishes, making the legs “perfect.”
- The reflectiveness of the material, coupled with the way they appear less transparent at the edges, often gives legs more contrast and definition, as though lit by dramatic lighting. This accentuates the curves of the legs, making them less “flat.”
- They often have a silky texture, which is pleasing to both the wearer and her partner.
- They do not actually hide what they cover.
- The slipperiness and smoothness of sheer pantyhose makes women’s shoes slip off more easily. This vulnerability often is sexually attractive and can result in women engaging in shoe dangling or shoe play, which also is appealing to shoe and foot fetishists.
Obviously, there’s more to a pantyhose fetish than this, but this is a good start. Ultimately, I decided to just write about what I know. To me, pantyhose always have been about three things: The way they look, the way they feel to the touch, and the very concept of them in the first place. Maybe it’s just that they are designed to enhance the beauty of everything they cover.
To me, there’s a profound dichotomy about pantyhose, which I find very exciting: Pantyhose possess enormous power, yet, by design, they are extremely delicate and feminine, causing an irresistible vulnerability for the wearer.
Once on, any item of clothing a person wears sort of disappears. You stop feeling it on your body. And even though you can touch the pantyhose on yourself, it isn’t the same as feeling them on someone else.
Want your lover to feel what you feel when you caress her legs in pantyhose? All it takes is to move that delicate nylon fabric over her skin. The sensation is incredible for both parties.
Now I ask you, readers: What do you think drives our pantyhose fetish?